The International Live Events Association (ILEA) was founded in 1987 to foster enlightened performance through education while promoting ethical conduct. ILEA works to join professionals to focus on the “event as a whole” rather than its individual parts. ILEA has grown to involve nearly 5,000 members active in 38 chapters throughout the world. Membership brings together professionals from a variety of special events disciplines. The solid peer network ILEA provides helps special events professionals produce outstanding results for clients while establishing positive working relationships with other event colleagues.
The Raleigh Durham chapter of ILEA was formed in 1998.
Dedicated and Educated to Deliver Creative Excellence and Professionalism in Special Events.
ILEA Mission Statement
The Mission of ILEA is to educate, advance and promote the special events industry and its network of professionals along with related industries.
To that end, we strive to…
- Uphold the integrity of the special events profession to the general public through our “Principles of Professional Conduct and Ethics”
- Acquire and disseminate useful business information
- Foster a spirit of cooperation among its members and other special events professionals, and…
- Cultivate high standards of business practices.
Principles of Professional Conduct & Ethics
Each member of ILEA agrees to adhere to the following list of the principles.
- Promote and encourage the highest level of ethics within the profession of the special events industry while maintaining the highest standards of professional conduct.
- Strive for excellence in all aspects of our profession by performing consistently at or above acceptable industry standards.
- Use only legal and ethical means in all industry negotiations and activities.
- Protect the public against fraud and unfair practices, and promote all practices which bring respect and credit to the profession.
- Provide truthful and accurate information with respect to the performance of duties. Use a written contract clearly stating all charges, services, products, performance expectations and other essential information.
- Maintain industry accepted standards of safety and sanitation.
- Maintain adequate and appropriate insurance coverage for all business activities.
- Commit to increase professional growth and knowledge, to attend educational programs and to personally contribute expertise to meetings and journals.
- Strive to cooperate with colleagues, suppliers, employees, employers and all persons supervised, in order to provide the highest quality service at every level.
- Subscribe to the ILEA Principles of Professional Conduct and Ethics, and abide by the ILEA Bylaws and policies.
Raleigh Durham ILEA Mission Statement
Our mission is to consistently promote cooperation, education, integrity, and the validity of the special events industry. To that end, we will strive:
- To increase the visibility of the industry to the greater community.
- To encourage cooperation among fellow special event professionals.
- To provide cutting-edge, state-of-the-art educational opportunities for our membership.
- To promote the highest standards for performance and integrity.
- To be the catalyst for memorable and exhilarating events throughout the Greater Triangle Area.